Questions and Answers:
2020/21 Virtual World Tour
Bringing adventure to the comfort of your home!
Enjoy some of the favourite films from the 2020 Festival along with special tour edits and selections.
Support Mountain Film Calgary:
Support Mountain Film Calgary, by viewing the online programs through our unique affiliate link – Buy Access Now.
Which films and programs will be shown?
See the film listings to explore information on all the films within the program.
What currency will the rentals be in?
- The 2020 Banff Centre World Tour will be priced in US dollars.
- The Banff Centre states that “Due to platform limitations, all pricing will be in US dollars.”
- The Banff Centre is hoping to be able to sell the program in Canadian dollars as soon as the platform allows.
When can I rent and watch the programs?
Programs can be purchased and viewed anytime between November 26, 2020 and October 24th, 2021.
How long will the programs be available online?
- The Amber and Onyx programs will be available for viewing on the site until October 24, 2021 (closing date)
- The programs can be activated anytime between November 26, 2020 and October 24, 2021
- Once activated, the programs must be viewed within the allotted period (3 or 14 days)
Each program is approximately 2 hours.
Can I re-watch the films?
Films can be re-watched during the rental period:
- 3 days when you purchase single program access.
- 14 days when you purchase both programs (a bundle).
The rental period begins immediately upon viewing (as soon as you press play).
How can I watch the films online?
You will need to have a reliable internet or wifi connection to view the films, as they are available only through online streaming (not download!).
Note: The only way to view the programs offline is via the Festival app, after the initial online affiliate purchase.
You can buy a program or bundle as a gift for someone. Upon purchase you can elect which email address you want to send the activation code to. This will allow them to view the program(s).
If you have technical questions, check out the Help Centre for more information.