The films shown in Calgary are a selection of the films that were shown in Banff. However the Calgary selection of films in our Blue and Red programs are not necessarily the same as the A & B program that were shown in Banff in November. The Banff Festival will feature 40-50 films, while in Calgary we will only show 12-16 films from the Banff selection.
Due to the number of films being shown, we have designated the different programs as Blue and Red. Each program will show a unique set of films. The Blue and Red programs will be shown on alternate days.
- Evening shows start at 7:30 pm.
- Sunday evening show starts at 7:00 pm.
- Matinee performances start at 1:00 pm.
Generally the length of the program is about 3 hours, which includes a 20 minute break.
At each screening, you can typically expect to see around 5-8 films which feature inspirational tales from around the globe, high adrenaline films and everything in between.
Please contact us to ensure we can make the Front of House staff aware of your request.
The content of the films is determined by the filmmakers, and may include course language, drug use and frightening events. Generally, we recommend that the films are suitable for children 12 years and older. However, we encourage you to check out the film’s classification.
Red Program January 2018
Wednesday Jan 17, Friday Jan 19, Saturday Jan 20, Wednesday Jan 24,
Friday Jan 26, Saturday Jan 27 and Sunday Matinee Jan 28.
Blue Program January 2018
Thursday Jan 18, Saturday Matinee Jan 20, Tuesday Jan 23, Thursday Jan 25,
Saturday Matinee Jan 27 and Sunday January 28.
- Eckhardt-Gramatte Hall, ROZSA CENTRE, University of Calgary
Yes, there is a $6.00 charge for mailing tickets. Tickets will only be mailed out until December 10th, 2017. Mailed tickets CANNOT be exchanged.
At the Rosza Box Office, simply present the electronic PayPal receipt you received when you purchased your tickets online.
No problem, we have the name you gave when you purchased your tickets at our Box Office.
Tickets purchased online can be picked from the Rozsa Theatre Box Office. The Box Office opens one hour before the start of the show.
- Depending on the circumstances, tickets may be exchanged for another show.
- This can only be done for tickets purchased online.
- Tickets that were purchased at MEC or were mailed to you CANNOT be exchanged.
- Please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org (see our contact information).
- These new tickets will be held at the box office for pickup on the day of the show.
- No ticket exchanges are permitted within 14 days of the performance.
Tickets may be transferred to other people. Simply present at the Box Office a copy of the PayPal receipt, received by the person who made the original purchase.
If the shows are sold out, there is generally a good chance for you to sell your extra tickets at the door. Unfortunately we cannot take tickets back into our own ticket inventory.
Click on the links below to see where the festival goes to around Canada and the world: